Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tod has been out of town this weekend.
So I blogged a bit more than usual.
I spent (total over the entire two days) four hours on a blog.
She will not be named.

But...

She makes homemade cakes from scratch for her kids' birthdays.
She reupholsters furniture.
She paints animals to hang in her kids' rooms.
She uses whole wheat pasta when she cooks.
She makes all Halloween costumes herself.

So...

I finally turned off the computer earlier this evening. I had to stop. I turned it off and took a tour of my house. I searched for ONE OBJECT I'VE CREATED in this house. The only thing I could find that I'd made was the protein shake in my hand.

Well...

I am trying to figure out why I'm not creative. Why doesn't my mind scream ideas all day long? Why don't I break branches off of lemon trees so I can hang my paper mache blossoms to them and arrange them in vases I've hand painted? Why don't I think to buy vintage fabric at Joanne's, then wood at Lowe's so I can come home, stretch the fabric over the wooden frames I've built and arrange them in my guest rooms?

I'm going to go take a hot shower sitting on the floor.

2 comments:

Ann Dee said...

Never ever read that blog again. I think I know whose it is and i get depressed (well depresseder) just thinking about it. You are creative. In different ways.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.