Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I can't believe you'd never read VS. I will always love that book. I love the description of their bathroom, the obsession the boys have over that family, the dysfunction of the parents...and I especially love the party in their basement, and the final scene where one girl is dangling in the basement and it describes her shoes. So So So So morbid but sort of funny, too. I guess fascinating is a better word. I want to be in their neighborhood spying on them, too. Real life is never that interesting.

I like reading books with you. It's like we live close to each other but then not really at all.

Monday morning when I drove away, I daydreamed of the day I won't be driving to work at 6 am but starting on a walk with my baby in its Bjorn instead. Sigh.

Lamest excuse to see the nurse (as of today):

"I just stuck my pencil into my skin and now my hand's gone numb. I think I have lead poisoning. Can I go to the nurse?"

Me: "Sure, take your time."

Mostly because that kid is a pain the butt anyway so I won't mention I've seen this trick or that pencils are no longer made out of lead.

I loved having you both here, too. I wish you lived closer. I'll tell you when a house is up for sell nearby.

Maybe your house is a confetti house because you used all your energy cleaning mine.

No comments: