Thursday, April 26, 2007

I am very worried about Sandra Bullock and her husband. It's horrible. We have to refer to him just as SB's husband because he's not famous enough to get his own name in the People headline. It must be very hard. I can't imagine how hard that would be. Anyway, tragic story, really.

I also am quite distraught because I am trying to eat intuitively. That means I have to make peace food. PEACE not war, peanut M&Ms. PEACE not war, chocolate milk. PEACE not war, chips and salsa. Here's how you make peace with the foods you are fighting with
  1. you buy lots and lots of the warring food.
  2. you realize that you have lots and lots of it so it's not going to run out
  3. you tell yourself that it's actually not bad and you can eat as much as you want and you shouldn't feel guilty
  4. you eat it but only if you really want it
  5. you eventually don't want to eat it so much because you can and because it's not bad and because it is now not so enticing
  6. so basically intuitive eating is like dating--once you get the guy, it's not so interesting anymore and you don't really want him . . . unless of course you marry him which is a whole different ballgame because then you'd be married to peanut butter cups or burnt almond fudge ice cream but that would actually make sense because you know when you say you LOVE nachos and then your friend says, So why don't you marry it and then you say Okay, I think I will but then you never actually do it. maybe with intuitive eating you actually DO marry the food. I'll have to do more research.
my house is now full of food--everything mentioned above. And I am intuitively eating it, one peanut m&m at a time.

Mr. Baby stuck one foot in the warm water of the bathtub and immediately started peeing all over the place. Cam couldn't have been happier.

And finally, though I do get distracted by The Bachelor (and who can blame me for that), I have been reading the Book Thief.

1 comment:

Tolly & Lennon said...

Why don't you teach your kid some bladder control?