Wednesday, April 18, 2007


I just finished typing two papers due this week so I wanted to celebrate...and blog. Then I'll eat an ice cream sandwich on top of the peanut M&Ms I had for dinner.

I just wanted to say that one of my students has two regular stud earrings, then his second earring is a safety pin. I asked him today if he pierced it himself.
Him: (looking at me like I'm stupid) Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhh...

Me: Did it hurt?

Him: No.

Me: Did you clean it first?

Him: No.

Me: Do you think you contracted diseases from it?

Him: (looks at me like I'm stupid)

Me: So you didn't sterilize it?

Him: I burned it first.

Me: Ahhhhhh! See, then that's cleaning it! Good for you!

Today in Julius Caesar we read about how Portia killed herself by swallowing hot coals. I told my class that if they're thinking about trying it, maybe cut the coals into sections of four first...that way they'll go down easier and you can just pop 'em one by one.


This kid says out loud, "You're sick."








No comments: