Thursday, March 1, 2007

Books, Babies and Botox

The first thing I should say is . . . I haven't showered for two days. The second thing I should say is this is a happy place where we can discuss things like books (we can start with Alaska), babies (mine or yours), and botox (ie: celebrity lives because it's really important).

SOOOOOOO books. Alaska--did you really like her? I mean did you really care about her? This was my concern with the book. I didn't even really like Miles (or should I call him pudge?) and I was in his head the whole time. Was it the whole boarding school setting that was throwing me off or was it hard to identify with the characters? Just wondering.

Also--would your students like this book? I mean really? Why or why not.

And finally, is Britney over?

Baby front is good. Sitting in his chair with a binky in his mouth wondering if I'll ever shower. I guess kids like their mommies smelling like soap rather than . . . what I smell like.

2 comments:

CamE said...

I've yet to read Alaska, and yet to care about B.S., but that baby is the best, around. No one's ever gonna bring him down.

Tolly & Lennon said...

As we discussed earlier, yes, kids would love Alaska. Boys would like this book. Mostly because of the sexy parts but also because there's death and drama and rule breaking and pranks and sneaking. We just read the poem, "Richard Cory" in class today and many kids compared him to Britney...she once glittered when she walked but in the end, may just end up with a bullet in her head. I had to give them credit for making connections...

By the way, check out my new blog AND did you see the picture of baby Shiloh on our news page today? Actually a very pretty baby.

Your baby's okay.