Saturday, March 3, 2007

Elderly Asians

I wouldn't consider myself to be a judgmental person. Should that have an 'e' in it?

However, I have decided that elderly Asians should not be allowed to circuit train at the gym. When I get up at 7:30 on a Saturday morning to go to the gym, I don't have time to deal with people wearing huge t-shirts and headbands who started their membership at Christmas and have been once (today) since. Especially on circuit machines.

They say you can do all the machines three times in 24 minutes if you stay in order. I stay in order and as soon as I finish a machine, the next machine is occupied by a saggy Asian woman who has changed all my settings and is moving the machine so fast I have to wonder if there's a zero resistance option. Then she hops off, gets on the nearest bike, and rides her hardest (once again, zero resistance setting) for a minute, then finds the next machine I need and starts her cycle again. This isn't the first time.

I feel like some gyms (or maybe we should just say circuit machines) should require prerequisites: have you been to a gym before? do you know what it feels like to sweat? raise your heartrate? do you realize there are people here who are serious about exercising? if so, what is proper circuit etiquette? sign here, please, and promise to follow all circuit rules or else you're out and we get to keep your X-L t-shirt and sweatband.

These same ladies are the ones bending over naked in the gym to blowdry their hair. Their boobs are like water balloons that are not round but long and dripping to the floor.

No comments: