Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Massage Chairs and Drive-thrus

Costco has amazing massage chairs--DELUXE. When I was heavy with child I sniffed them out and I was so so so so excited. Heaven. However, right as I was easing my butt into the leather folds, Cam pointed out a large sign above the chair: No children under 12, persons with diabetes or heart conditions, and pregnant women. I was furious. Pregnant women? How would a pleasant massage hurt my unborn child? Get him too relaxed? Settle his mother's stress? I rationalized and rationalized and rationalized but in the end, I had to just stand and watch as Cam enjoyed a DELUXE massage.

Moral of the Story: Find a massage chair that doesn't have a sign above it because clearly massages are very important and will not hurt pregnant women but some companies are paranoid so they take every precaution to cover their butt so they won't get sued and hyperchondriac ladies like me (and you?) will be guilted into not sitting and partaking of the pressure goodness.

Second Moral of the Story: I'm glad you found a massage chair and who could ever hope for a massage chair + US magazine + Asian women. You can relax, get your gossip, and work through some preconceived issues all at the same time.

No comments: