Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ace of Clubs (page 78)

So I'm into the book. At first I wasn't and it almost felt like a Looking for Alaska repeat (three boys, one girl, one boy in love with the one girl) but it's unfolding well. I'm still shocked about the whole incident at midnight on that creepy street and still puzzled by the girl who runs barefoot. What sort of hitmen use violence to get someone to do good? It's all sort of weird but I like it. It's fresh -- different from what I've been reading lately (crap MONSTER and such). I laugh out loud once in awhile -- the whole bank robbery had me laughing because it was like they didn't care that this man was robbing the bank and they weren't scared. I'd be scared of anyone with a gun.

I'm so sorry you are disconnected. I would feel lonely, too. Today I bought a lamp for the house and discovered lamp light makes our house feel like a home. More lamps this week.

I'm also trying to get one thing done each day of my break. Today I folded four loads of laundry during conference. Even though all the stacks are still sitting on the couch, they're folded. Tomorrow: bedding washed. Monday: our depressing closet cleaned. Tuesday: take a break if you get the closet cleaned.

It's nice to have time to get stuff done. Do you realize I grADUATE in a few weeks?


I hope you get connected soon. I also hope your baby is still laughing a lot with his chubby cheeks.

No comments: