Monday, March 5, 2007

Demo Massage

First of all, I think once you have kids, you live in a permanent pee house until everyone is at least riding a two wheeler bike on their own. Your sentence has just begun.

Secondly, there were several sophomore breakups over the weekend; needless to say I had a handful of moody, heartbroken adolescents to teach today. How do you get devastated teens excited about Julius Caesar?

Finally, my back aches are becoming unbearable. It starts with my ribs and works all the way around to my spine. I might be dying. So after the gym today I stopped at a pharmacy near my house to fill a Rx. As I handed my info to the spiky haired lady at the counter, I spotted this chair in the corner -- a massage chair! As I moved closer I saw the words "FREE DEMO!" and then spent 30 minutes (no exaggeration) sitting in that demo chair, reading Us Weekly -- all for free. Did other people want the chair? Sure! Did I care? No! In fact, I played dumb like, "What? All the chairs aren't massage chairs?" and just sat there, sticking out my belly, hoping no one would kick me out after hitting the DEMO button maybe 20 times. Ahhhhhh -- the best I've felt all day. I may go back regularly to read the news and get a massage.

Brooke cannot save Britney and neither can a Hollywood rehab, according to Dr. Phil. He says she needs much more serious help than that. How about David Beckham's knee injury? I'm sure that Posh Spice almost became Scared Spice thinking all that $$$ may not come through. Awwwwww.

No comments: